Refreezing and Refrigeration
Before we explain, for months during 2020 we sent our roasts all over the UK and had Family, Friends and customers to test them. Thawed out and frozen versions.
We took critique and comments and altered recipes and technique to ensure we bring to you a great restaurant quality meal to your door.
So many folks are misinformed about refreezing or refrigerating thawed foods.
Read more about this on Myths of Frozen Foods on the drop down information menu.
- The secret is do not let the meals thaw out at room temperature for more than two hours.
- Our meals previously frozen then thawed during transit can be refrozen if they have not been sitting at room temperature for more than two hours. We are sure you not going to do this!
- To ensure this, we deliver your meals in chilled packaging which retains below +5°C for 72 hours in the winter & 48 hours in the summer.
- Our deliveries are all based on 24hour delivery. So, you have plenty of time to take them out and store them.
- Conventional room temperature is about 20 °C.
- The Packaging we use to transport our meals are temperature-controlled systems which consist of a white double walled corrugated carton & a two-part air infused reflective insert.
The Chilled packaging ensures that there is absolutely no harm in refreezing your thawed meals up to 5 months see the outer packaging-sleeve for the freeze by date or putting them in the fridge for 2days from receipt before reheating.